St. Joseph School is a parish elementary school within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. The school opened its doors to 93 elementary students in 1928 ,staffed by five teachers from the Sisters of Providence. The school grew gradually until 1953 when additional classrooms were added. In 1955 enrollment peaked at 1,030. The presence of the Sisters of Providence gradually decreased during the 1970s. Over the years additional classrooms, a new faculty room, health room and additional office space were added.
Within the past decade the old convent was renovated to house kindergarten classrooms and a computer room; a new playground was installed. In 2014 the front lawn was installed, security systems and procedures were added, a larger faculty room was provided and a reception area was created. In 2015 a transitional kindergarten was opened and the reception area, classrooms and bathrooms were renovated. A new plaza was built and lunch canopies were installed. The entire school and parish parking lot were also completely redone. The school also received a significant gift of laptops, projectors, Apple iPads, and Apple TVs. In 2016, a children's garden was created and outdoor classrooms were opened. Since 2014 enrollment at Saint Joseph's School has been steadily climbing with the school close to reaching maximum capacity in 2017. The 2017 school year, marked the introduction of a second transitional kindergarten class.